Saturday, November 24, 2012

Song #13: "Takin' It To The Streets" by The Doobie Brothers


        "Takin' It To The Streets" by the Doobie Brothers is a song that was originally intended to make a political statement, and not only does it's message contain themes that stick it to the man, but it is also quite transcendental. The first major line is "You, telling me the things you're gonna do for me. I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see." This represents seeing the flaws in society and being willing to say something about it instead of just conforming, which is what transcendentalists often do. The other lyrics that bear a similar theme is the central line of "Takin' It To The Streets" which is essentially putting your words and feelings into action, whether it be through protesting, speaking out to others, or even just improving your quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment