Friday, November 23, 2012

Song #6: "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi


        In addition to this wicked sweet lyric video, song number six, Bon Jovi's "It's My Life", has a lot of awesome qualities that relate to transcendentalism. The first connection that I noticed is in the beginning of the song when it says "I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd, you're gonna hear my voice when I shout it out loud," which is similar to the transcendental belief that one can't just stay quiet about their feelings and beliefs, and that they should say what they need to say. Another notable connection is in the chorus when it says "Like Frankie said I did it my way, I just wanna live while I'm alive. It's my life." This shows the transcendental belief that you should live the way you want to, not the way society wants you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment